Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Jason!

Today, November 13th, is Jason's 25th birthday! Today is not just another birthday....it is his first birthday as a married man! I woke up early this morning so I could get everything ready for when he woke up. I printed off a few birthday banners that read "Happy Birthday Jason" and I taped them on the front door. I know, it sounds ridiculous but I wanted to show him how excited I was for his birthday! I then cooked him one of his favorite breakfast sandwiches....scrambled egg, cheese, and bacon all on a toasted bagel. I packed his sandwich and something to drink in his backpack and sent him off to school. We both had kinda crazy days--but we decided that we were going to get all dressed up and head to a nice dinner together. He decided that he wanted sushi for his birthday dinner--and the place isn't necessarily a place where people dress up, but we didn't care! We were going to dress up--no matter where we decided to go for dinner.
We had some yummy sushi (california roll, shrimp tempura, and kinky eel)! We got to watch the ocean under the full moon and just talk about our day. We really had a great time...it was nice to have him with me and not in the library studying. I know this won't last forever, so I'm taking full advantage while I can!After dinner, we went back home for some birthday cake. His favorite cake is confetti cake, but one of the many pleasures of the island is not being able to find what you need when you need it. I had to make due with a white cake with chocolate icing....it turned out great! I added some candles, lit them, and let the birthday boy make his wish. We both enjoyed a piece of birthday cake while we watched a movie in bed.
I had a great time celebrating with my hubby. This weekend we will have a bigger celebration with some of our island friends, but today was just for us! I look forward to spending many more birthdays with the man of my dreams! Happy 25th Birthday Jason--you have offically made it to a quarter of a century!

1 comment:

islandstories said...

Soo cute how excited you were: printing out the banners ;) Hope the weekend celebration was a good one!