Saturday, November 22, 2008

I Want To Make A Difference

I recently read a book about Angelina Jolie's work that she did in multiple refugee camps. The book was pretty much her journal--what she did, what she saw, and etc. The book was amazing! It made me realize how good I have it and the little amount of effort that is put into my daily life to make it good. I've always said that I would like to visit Africa, but it has always been on the back burner. After reading the book, I realized that I'm moving it to the front burner. I WANT to make a difference...I WANT to help....I WANT to give support, love, and attention...I WANT to be a light!
I know, I know --this sounds a little crazy! Why would anyone want to go to a country where they have malnourishment and disease? Hunger and violence? Anger and pain?

I don't really have a straight-forward answer....I just know that I want to be part of a life changing experience. Making a child, woman, or man smile--making a child feel special and important--developing friendships--encouraging education--providing support--giving hugs--are all things I would like to do....nothing too great, but all of the above have the ability to change lives!

I'm not sure when I'll be taking this life changing journey...I need to find the organization that fits with me and what I look to achieve in my time over there. I do have a few in mind, but finding a time that works with both of our schedules is going to be a challenge. The best time would be while he is taking his STEP 1 review course--but that is only 5 months away! I'm not really sure why I made a blog of this...I guess I'd like to hear what everyone thinks. Jason is a little hesitant, nervous, and concerned. He also knows that I have been talking about this for a few months and supports me 110%. If anyone has any information or personal experiences...I'd love to hear all about it!

1 comment:

megat said...

your blog very beautiful and more info ,make me excited. Congratulation!!