Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Time Has Come.....TO VOTE!











I don't know about anybody else...but I will definitely be glad when election season is over. Every commercial, spam email, and just about everything else I see on a daily basis since early summer is filled....busting at the seams with presidental candate information. Of course, I have my own opinions but I'm not going to bore you with my views! Our country is really stirring things up this election year--either way the country WILL MAKE HISTORY! Having either a woman as Vice-President or an African American President is going to be a drastic change for our country. This is the same country that did not allow women to vote until the early 1900s or to even be consider as an equal --solely because they were women. And the same country that used to force African Americans to be slaves for the white people and restrict the areas they could go--solely because they were a different color.
Well today is the day....November 4th! Voting polls all over the country opened in the early morning hours and will be open til later tonight. As annoying as election time can get, I have found myself checking CNNs webpage hourly--looking for any new updated information. I'm going to stay up as late as possible so I can get one step closer to finding out who will run and control our country for the next four years. I know that when I wake up tomorrow, hopefully, we'll know who won the race for President! It is almost as exciting waking up Christmas morning....I said almost!
So remember this as we go into a Republican vs. Democratic battle....regardless of who voted for who, who has what sticker on their car, and what other people's personal views are THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS GOING TO MAKE HISTORY IN 2008 and we were alive to witness it!

No comments: