Monday, December 1, 2008

6 Years.....And Still Going Strong!

December 1, 2002 was our first 'official' date, which would make today our six year anniversary. I know once we got married we are suppose to use our wedding date as our anniversary, but I don't like the idea of losing the total number of years we've been together. We met in August 2002, when I was working at The Buckle and Jason was coming in to do a little school clothes shopping. We were both attending Southeast Missouri State University. He came in one day and he says that I helped him with some clothes and a pair of shoes (don't really remember him). His meme kept asking the manager if I was seeing anyone..unfortunately I was. A few weeks later, Jason got a job at The Buckle and we developed a friendship. A few months after that, I ended my previous relationship and we started casually flirting at work. I can remember when he first started working, he didn't know there was an employee parking lot and he parked somewhere different. The manager asked if I could take Jason to his truck so he wouldn't have to walk alone in the dark. He eventually asked me out to dinner. We went to Logan's Steakhouse...he still laughs because I ordered chicken tenders and I cut them up and ate them with a fork. I tried to be so prim and proper! From that first date....we were inseparable! Paris--January 2003 Bonaire--May 2006 Elephant Rocks--October 2006 Hunting--November 2006

Pennsylvania--December 2006

Wedding--April 2008


It's been a great six years! I'm looking forward to our next adventures and the next 90+ years together. I couldn't be more proud to be introduced as Mrs. Conway. He makes my life a little brighter and I am so thankful every morning when I wake up beside him. Happy 6 year anniversary, Jay!


2 comments:

camillestuartbeau said...

So cute!! Wishing you guys many more years of happiness!!

Jackson's in Medical School said...

You look gorgeous!