Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ice Skating Fun

Ice skating in an outdoor arena has always been something I've wanted to do and since we're no where close to New York's Rockefeller Plaza, I wasn't sure it was going to happen. My sister, Ange, looked into it and found a cute little outdoor skating rink in St. Louis. Two days before Christmas, we decided we would brave the crazy rain, sleet, and snow storm to go ice skating. We put on all our warm clothes, laced up our skates, and went outside to brave the weather. It was actually really nice. The arena had Chrimstas music blaring out of the speakers, a large fire pit, and a cute little cafe for some warm food/drinks.
We had decided that we would all be skating, even mom. She hasn't ice skated or rollerbladed in a long time so she was a little nervous. She hung on the the side for a few rounds and eventually made it to the middle. It was really nice to have a girls day, especially since it was something that I was really looking forward to! We each had a few falls and I'm not sure we stopped laughing the whole time we were there! We skated till our little hearts were content....
It was so nice--I really appreciate the small things that my family does to make our breaks back home so memorable!

2 comments:

Chuck & Geneva said...

how much fun! I've been ice skating in an outside areno once in atlanta & it was really nice..i bet you had a blast! Glad you had such a great break..see you soon!

robert said...

Great!! I too love ice skating and have lovely skates which got from Dicks Sporting Goods...