Wednesday, February 18, 2009

29 Hours And Counting

Not that I'm counting or anything, but we have 29 hours until the BIG DAY! I'm sure most of you are wondering what that could be--well leave it to me and my mouth to get me in trouble. When we first starting diving, I made the comment that before I leave the island I will face my fears and do the shark dive. The shark dive is not just an area where sharks are known to hang out, but it is a place where the dive master will be feeding the sharks. Well considering we have less than 60 days until we move back to the states...my time has come! Everyone keeps reminding me of the memories that I'm going to be making--but honestly, I don't really care! I think I've made enough memories and I'm not really sure that I need any more! I don't think I need to remind anyone but I have a huge fear of sharks--I've watched Shark Week on the Discovery Channel one too many times. I'm nervous that a huge great white (I know they only live in cold water, but what if...) is just going to rise up and bite me the second that I fall into the water. I know it sounds crazy, but anything is possible right??
I think I've been counting down the days till the dreaded shark dive since last week and now that we are the day before I can feel myself starting to get really anxious and worked up! I know that I will be fine once I get down there and see the sharks feeding on the fish chum, but falling off the boat and descending to our positions is the part that ismaking me a little nervous.
We're doing the dive with our regular dive buddies so we'll all be able to help each other out. I'll be sure to post some videos and pictures of the shark dive...WISH ME LUCK!!

2 comments:

Tom, Laura & Ella said...

Wow! First off, I can't believe you are doing a shark dive :) Don't be so scared that you forget to take pictures! It can happen.....
Second, I can't believe you are finished in less than a month! Time really does travel fast here.... :) It's kind of sad though...I feel like your semester has more girls that I actually feel close to, than other semesters. Sad....

camillestuartbeau said...

Hope you have fun on the Shark Dive. Take lots of pictures for me to see because I know there's no way I'll ever see them for myself :)
We've still got plenty of time to make more memories!!!