Monday, February 23, 2009

How Much More Can He Handle??

This afternoon was a little crazy--trying to plan for Brian's surprise 40th birthday party, doing some laundry, and running some errands. This afternoon, I was trying to gather the trash so I could take it down to the dumpster on my way to the party supply store. Well I guess that I was in such a rush that I forgot to take the trash bag to the dumpster...when I returned a few hours later, I realized what I forgot to do. Bazzle is always exploring purses, backpacks, suitcases, and anything he can search through to find some food. Well I'm guessing the trash bag was just another thing that needed explored--the trash bag was torn open and a lot of the food was eaten, especially the chocolate chip cookies that I threw away (we're trying to be healthier)! Bazzle did not come and greet me at the door like he normally does, but instead he was laying on the ground--stick straight and eyes rolling around in his head. I immediately start freaking out so I grabbed him up and took him to the bathroom. I googled "when dogs eat chocolate" and most the websites said to have him drink hydrogen peroxide until he starts throwing up. I started forcing hydrogen peroxide down his throat--and it wasn't too much longer when he started getting sick. About an hour later, his stomach was finally empty. Pour baby! I'm not sure how many more lives he has...seriously, how many times is he going to eat until he makes himself sick?
Well a few hours later and Bazzle is doing ok--he's still laying around and sleeping a lot but he's not getting sick and his stomach does not feel like concrete anymore! I'm glad he's doing better-but I'm not sure how much more my baby boy can handle. I get so frustrated with him for constantly searching for food and getting himself into trouble, but all the frustration goes away and worry and anxiety start sitting in when I see him sick.
I'm not sure what I would do if something bad happened to him....especially if it was partly my reason that he got into trouble! I need to start being a little more aware so I can prevent things like this from happening again.

1 comment:

Tom, Laura & Ella said...

HOLY CRAP!!!! I'm glad your puppy is okay!! That is SO terrible! I'm so sorry you had such a bad day :( :( :(