Monday, February 16, 2009

It's What....Broken??

Thursday afternoon, I started a load of laundry and discovered that something wasn't quite right. The washing machine was filling up with water, but that was it! It wasn't running through a full cycle--I thought maybe I hit the wrong button, so I started the machine over again. The machine once again was filling up with water, but that was the extent of the cycle. I tried once more--and then I realized what was happening. The washing machine was filling up but because the cycle wasn't running through all the way, the water had no where to go! Water was EVERYWHERE--it was leaking out of the washing machine and running everywhere. It was on the rug, under the refrigerator, all over my shelves that are covered in material, and just piled up on the floor. I immediately turn off the machine but because there was water still in the washing machine, it had to run off. It is so frustrating to know that water is everywhere and it is still leaking and there is nothing that I could do to stop it.
After I got all the water cleaned up, I was determined to get the problem fixed. The repair man finally came on Monday and said the machine was broken and he had to order a brand new one. I'm not sure he really understands the importance of having a working washing machine--we have dirty clothes DAILY! The pile is starting to get pretty big-and I'm slowly starting to go crazy! I like to have everything organized and straightened and the pile of dirty clothes slowly climbing up the wall is not helping!

The repair man said it could be a week before the new washing machine is delivered! I will be going to our management office everyday and harrassing them until our machine is delivered--- I don't want them to forget about us. As I always say "the squeaky wheel gets the grease!" I just have to rememeber--we are on and island and things take a little bit of time. Patience is definitely something I've learned in the past months...but it is starting to wear out pretty thin. HURRY UP WASHING MACHINE--I NEED TO DO SOME LAUNDRY!

1 comment:

Tom, Laura & Ella said...

You can come do wash at my place if you want??? You can put in a load...sit by the pool....change the load....sit by the pool.... :) change the load....watch a movie.... :) Let me know if you want to come over!