Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Years Resolutions

With 2010 right around the corner, I've started thinking about what I hope to acheive and do better than previous years. I'm not a fan of resolutions because I think it sets the year up for failure. I did a little research when I started thinking about new years resolutions and this is what I found...the average person keeps their commitments two weeks and 35% of people break their resolutions within the first two days. In the past, I've set huge, unrealistic goals and I was one of the 35% that failed within the first two days. Broken commitments are not the best way to start off the next 365 days... definitely not starting off on the right foot. This year is a different story!Commitments can be made anytime of the year...it just makes it easier to set a goal at the beginning of a new year! With all that said, I've been thinking of things that I would like to improve on in the year 2010. Here's my list of things....
*Be more health conscience (eating healthier, exercising more, taking time to reax more, etc)
*Make an effort to tell family and friends how much they mean to me on a regular basis
*Go to the grocery store less--eat the food we have in the cabinets/freezer/refrigerator before buying anymore.
*Become more "green"
*Get more involved in church related activities
These are just a few of the things that I'm focusing on in the upcoming days, weeks, and months. I'm determined to focus on the different areas of my life that will improve the quality of life, my families as well as mine. Life is too short--so enjoy it! We are looking forward to 2010 and all the adventures it has to offer....bring it on!!

No comments: