Saturday, December 12, 2009

She's The Best Around...Hands Down!

Today is my mom's birthday so I want to let everyone know how special she is to me and Jason. I could go on for days about what my mom means to me but I'll spare you and give my ten favorite things!
1. My mom is the most selfless person I know--she is always doing things for others and neglecting to think of herself. She knows how God wants her to treat others and she does a great job of showing her beliefs and God's love. Whether she is sending encouraging cards, emails, or texts, she is always so supportive of us and our decisions. It's nice to know that when situations come up where we need her the most, she's always there! Sometimes it's the smallest things that mean the most!
2. She is always so positive and understanding. Sometimes staying positive during a difficult time is the hardest thing to do. Mom is good at evaluating different situations and finding the positive that could come from them.
3. She is a wonderful listener! We talk/text on the phone throughout the day...it's nice to know that when I'm having a good or bad day that she is there to talk with me!
4. She is a great grandma to the boys. The pups love their grandma and they miss her so much!
5. My mom has the greatest laugh--I swear I can pick it out of a crowd.
6. She doesn't let hard times get her down. Everyone goes through hard times but it's how you deal with those difficult times and the lessons that are learned that mean the most. My mom has dealt with difficult times and came out on the other side so much stronger!
7. She works hard to keep the family close. She trys to organize get togethers where the whole family can be together. It's getting a little harder the older we get because we're now spread throughout different states, but we try our best. When we do all get together, I see the importance of Mom's hardwork of getting everyone together. Family is wonderful!
8. She's a great teacher! There are so many things she does that I want to learn so I can teach to my kids. I've learned a few things...some yummy recipes and fun traditions but I still have so much more left to learn!
9. She is a wonderful cook! Her broccoli casserole, pumpkin roll, potato soup, roast, mashed potatoes, and cheeseburgers are the best! She's a great cook but these are just a few of my favorites.
10. She loves me...for me! I don't have be someone else to try and impress her. She knows all my strengths and weaknesses and she still loves me!

Happy Birthday, Mom! You are the best around...hands down! Thanks for being a wonderful mom! Thanks for being YOU!

No comments: