Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
1. I'm addicted to Nutri-Grain waffles! Just about every night after dinner I make myself two waffles topped with peanut butter and syrup. It has become my night time treat....I've even found myself eating less throughout the day so I don't feel so guilty for eating waffles for dessert. At any given time, we have two boxes of waffles in the freezer. I almost went into a full blown panic mode when there was a shortage of waffles in the store! Waffles have become my guilty pleasure...HA!
2. I'm a clean/neat freak! When cleaning the house, I cannot clean just one area. Once I decide to clean, the whole house gets the cleaning treatment. I have a special order that I do things too...dusting is always first, then window cleaning, kitchen, bathroom and then the rest of the house. Probably my biggest pet peeve when it comes to cleaning...I cannot stand to have vacuum lines that are not straight. Sometimes it takes longer than I would like to get the lines straight but it would drive me nuts to not have it done!
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Later that night we enjoyed Benihana's for dinner and then watched a few movies at the apartment. Nothing too crazy...we were still worn out from Friday night. Sunday morning we planned on cooking a big brunch for everyone....eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and pancakes. Our flights left later in the day so we wanted to stay home and enjoy each other before it was time to say goodbye.With Easter being so close, we decided that we would spend the rest of our day together making Easter eggs.
The weekend was wonderful! I didn't realize how much I missed those girls! It was so nice to talk and laugh with them...a girls weekend was just what I needed. We've already started planning our next get together, we just don't know when we can all get off. From now until April things get a little crazy with our schedules.
I love those girls...we will always be Best Friends Forever (BFFs)
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Tomorrow morning is going to come so fast that I must, must, must be productive tonight! House needs cleaned, laundry needs done, snacks need to be purchased so hubby can survive for a few days without me and I need to pack. I'm extremely OCD about things, a lot of things, and I'm surprised that I waited till the evening before my flight to get everything in order! Yikes, what's the world coming to!?
Ready or not, here I come....more to come after I get back from my trip!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
I've been doing Weight Watchers for the past few months and these types 'splurge' foods are not something that we eat a lot of. After the crazy pig out session last night, I was so mad at myself. I can't believe I let my emotions get the best of me again....
The great news is....TODAY IS A NEW DAY! I'm starting fresh with a new positive outlook on the day and the diet. What happened yesterday is over and I can't go back and change it so I need to look at how I can learn from my mistakes and ensure that I don't send myself into a food induced coma in the future! I'm back on the wagon....
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
1. Staying in Bed---After packing Jason's lunch, walking the dogs and climbing back in bed, I watched the Today show. I know...not that exciting but it was on a lot of the topics that I'm interested in right now. Spring cleaning, spring wardrobes, traveling hot spots and a lot of other interesting topics. I normally don't get to watch those daily morning shows because I'm usually hustling around the house trying to get things done so I can get to work on time. I actually stayed in bed until the show went over the topics I wanted to watch...there's definitely something about staying in bed and being lazy on a Friday morning.
2. Spring Cleaning---After seeing all the filth that accumulates in your home during the colder season, I immediately started spring cleaning. The sheets got thrown into the washer, the carpets got shampooed, the comforter got dropped off at the dry cleaners, the tiled areas got mopped, the house got dusted, the front and back porch got swept and the window/door jams got cleaned out. Having a clean house really makes my day...I love walking on fresh carpet, sleeping on clean sheets and smelling the fresh scent of Pine-Sol.
3. Shopping---I'm a girl so I love getting in some retail therapy. Today wasn't a shopping trip for me but for a friend's little girl back home. Daryl and April's youngest girl, Megan, is turning 1 next week and I wanted to make sure that she had a gift to open from the Conways! It was so fun to roam the toy aisles at the store looking for fun girlie gifts that she would enjoy.
4. Suprises---I got a call from Jason around 12:30 letting me know that he got off super early and he was bringing home lunch! I love getting surprises from my hubby but the surprise that tops them all is when he gets off earlier than expected and has extra time to spend with his family.
5. Sunshine---The weather has been so nice this week and today was no exception. The temperature got to about 85 degrees...perfect weather for hanging out by the pool! We both put on our swimsuits and enjoyed some Vitamin D from Mr. Sun!!
6. Neighbors--We haven't had the nicest neighbors since we moved here. People are definitely not as outgoing and friendly out here in California as they are back in Missouri. Well we have gotten a great set of neighbors right beside us. They are an Indian couple that just moved here from India. They have a young boy, Saj, who is full of life and curious about our way of life. He's always outside playing and he's always asking questions so he can better understand. As we were out by the pool today, Saj walks out of his door and walks by and just says "Hey Doctor!"
I couldn't help but smile...Jason said "I told him I was just a student but he insists that I'm a doctor"
Today was a great start to the weekend! It was definitely a Feel Good Friday! Do you have anything that just makes you smile??
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
They are the cutest banners! Who would have thought that painting flat river rocks, hot gluing them to a spray painted board and hanging them on your wall?? I'm excited to go to the river this summer....I need to find some rocks so I can make my own!!
I know I'm a horrible mom, but I couldn't resist this picture. The bag was almost as big as he was! He did really well with the plastic bag. At first he didn't know what to think, but the second we let him outside he was fine. I'm guessing the bag made him a little shy because he didn't want to mark his territory as much as he normally does. Well with all that said--we collected enough needed for the test. We should hopefully hear something from the vet by the end of this week! Hopefully we are on the right path to getting my baby healthy!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Saturday, March 13, 2010
The elephant seals arrive to Piedras Blancas after their feeding trip to Alaska. The come to mate, deliver their babies and molt (shed their hair) before they make the journey again. They don't eat the whole 4 months they are in California so they lose a lot of weight. After the females deliver, they nurse their young for one month and then they leave. The babies have to learn to do for themselves...they have to teach themselves to swim and to catch food. The females are 10-12 feet long and there were still a few of them on the beach. They looked like fat sausages...really big fat sausages.The males are the main attraction because of their size and the noises that they make. The males have a huge trunk looking nose, hence the name elephant seal. The males weigh 5,000 pounds when they get to Piedras Blancas but after not eating for 4 months, the lose about 1,000 pounds. The male seals are 12-16 feet long, have huge teeth and sound like a Harley at a stop sign. Luckily, there were a few males for us to see...they were huge! The babies were by far the cutest things I've ever seen...you couldn't help but smile! They were more active than the adults. They were flipping sand on themselves with their flippers to warm up and when some of the sand hit another seal, they would let out a sneezing noise. They were so much fun to watch! I still can't believe that there are still so many of them left on the beach. Most of them have already started making their journey up North. **All the seal information was from a really sweet volunteer who ensured that we knew EVERYTHING about the amazing animals! After we finished seeing the seals, it was lunchtime. I had read some reviews online and there were multiple positive reviews about a little restaurant in Ragged Point. We kept driving up the coast until we came to the cutest little restaurant out in the middle of the nowhere on the top of the tallest cliff. It was the best location for a yummy restaurant! The food at the Ragged Point Restaurant was really good but the view made it so much better! We couldn't have asked for a better day. Since we had a long drive home, we headed back down the coast after lunch. One last stop before we could set the cruise control...a wildflower bouquet! I have the best husband...he was pretty insistant that we get some fresh, beautiful flowers!
We had so much fun today! I couldn't have asked for a better day with my husband...it was so nice to get out of town and explore a little.