Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bead for Life

Today at work, I was given a bracelet, by a co-worker, made by the Bead for Life organization in Uganda. Bead for Life is an organization supports the women of Uganda and other poor and suffering countries by helping spread the word of their work. The hardworking, intelligent and strong women want to improve the quality of life for themselves and their family so they build beads out of recycled paper and turn them into bracelets, necklaces and earrings. What was trash is turned into beauty, money, hope and food.
I was so impressed with the bracelet and the different style that each bead had that I immediately went and read up on this awesome organization that helps empower and rescue women in less fortunate situations. I will definitely be ordering my family and friends a piece of jewelry from this wonderful organization!

To visit the website visit: http://www.beadforlife.org/indexS.html

You'll be amazed and in awe what these women can do with old magazines, newspapers, cereal boxes, calendars and any other piece of paper that gets trashed on a daily basis....I know I was!

No comments: