Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Easter is one of my favorite holidays....Jesus rose from the dead 3 days after he died on the cross for our sins! Thank goodness for life after death! Our Easter weekend was full of firsts, very exciting! Our first included: Easter in California, Easter with Jason's family and preparing and hosting Easter dinner.
Chip and Sue, the in-laws, came to Bakersfield Saturday evening to spend Easter weekend with us. We were so glad that they came--holidays with the family is so nice! We woke up Sunday morning and hada few nice surprises from Mr. Easter Bunny! We got tons of chocolate goodies, jelly beans, PEEPS and any other type of candy imaginable AND a Wii!!! Mr. Easter Bunny was good to us this year...

After we opened our goodie bags, we all showered and got ready for church. The service was amazing...the music, the preaching and the atmosphere of the church on Easter Sunday couldn't have been better! We love showing our family our church...we love our church and we want to show it off to everyone that visits! After church, it was feast time! For the first time, I hosted Easter dinner. Fried turkey, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, broccoli casserole, spinach salad, deviled eggs, coconut cream pie and berry cobbler were the items on the menu. I was really surprised at how much fun I had cooking dinner. I think I could definintely get addicted to entertaining...a slightly bigger house would make things a little easier but I'll work with what I have. After dinner, we were all so full from all the goodies that the only thing we had energy to do was to watch TV and rest our eyes. Even Bazzle decided to rest...he had a big Easter dinner too!

Easter Sunday was so nice! It's nice to have a day where we can remember that Jesus died and ROSE AGAIN for our sins. Growing up in a Christian home, I've been taught the Bible from a very young age but it's still difficult sometimes to imagine a love so big. Why would he die for me? I'm so undeserving of his grace and love but yet he still pours it down on me and my life. Thank you Lord for Easter so we can shout it from the rooftop that OUR GOD REIGNS!

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

So glad to hear you had such a good Easter weekend with your family and that you remembered the true meaning of Easter.