Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm Married To A Surgeon...At Least For The Next 12 Weeks!

Another rotation down...one step closer to being finished with clinicals. On Friday Jason finished up his 12 week rotation in Internal Medicine and Monday morning bright and early, he started his 12 week surgery rotation. One plus side to this change is he know longer needs dress shirts and pants ironed...he's in scrubs from now on!! His first four weeks will be in trauma surgery...should be a very interesting four weeks! Where we live is full of exciting traumatic issues--gang shootings, stabbings, car accidents--so I'm sure he'll get to see a lot of interesting things these next few weeks. Sounds kinda bad, doesn't it?! Want to hear something even worse...I'm excited to hear all of his stories! Every night when he gets home he will be getting asked 100 questions about all the things he got to see that day!
The hours and call schedules will be a lot longer and more exhausting than past rotations but we have to jump through this hoop before we can move on to bigger and better things. I know that I will be missing my hubby A LOT these next few weeks but it will just make me appreciate our time together more. I won't be taking our free nights and weekends for granted anymore...promise!!

2 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

Wow what a crazy cool job. I bet your so proud of him. :)
I hope he enjoys his time being a surgeon for the next 12 weeks.

Mrs. Hesson said...

Love your blog :) COngratulations to you and your hubby!

http://meetthehessons.blogspot.com/