Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Spending an itty bitty bit of time with my mom driving to the airport on Mother's Day wasn't enough! I wanted Sunday to be full of things that focused on no one else but her. Well unfortunately, I had a plane seat reserved for me, a husband that was missing his wife and an office that needed their program coordinator back. Yes, I did get to spend a few wonderful days with mom but Sunday is the day designated for special recognition of moms and I hated that I couldn't spend more of the day with her.
My mom is so special that I don't know what I would do without her. I know I always say how big of a mama's girl I am but when it came to writing something special blog for Mother's Day, my words fell short. I decided that a letter to mom would be the best way to let her know how special she is to me......

Dear Mom,

Thank you. Thank you for being the best mom I could ask for. It's so hard to start with all the thank yous because I'm not sure which ones are the most important. Are the big or small memories the best? All our memories, from the time I can remember, hold a special place in my heart. They have made me the person that I am today!

Thank you for singing me to sleep. Thanks for teaching me about Jesus and his unconditional love. Thank you for all the sacrifices you made just to do the small things-like staying up all night to make my Jasmine costume for my Halloween party, helping me build a life size Valentine's Day box or making 100s of cupcakes for school parties.

Thanks for knowing the right words to say when I've had a rough day or knowing when to just sit and listen when I feel like rambling on like a crazy woman! Our daily phone conversations mean more to me than you'll ever know!

Thank you for sending special packages. Packages that have no significance at all. 'Just because' packages. You always find the best cards and put the most thought into the smallest things. All that thought is definitely appreciated!

Thanks for teaching me to cook your signature meals...they will never be as good as yours but they are getting pretty close.

Thank you for setting such a positive, uplifting and Godly example of a mother. I pray that when I become a mom, I can be half the mom that you are. If I am, then I know that I have done a pretty good darn job of being a mom.

I couldn't have asked for a better mom! You know me inside and out...yet, you don't judge. I love you and I'm forever grateful to you and your love! On a scale of 1-10, you are off the charts!!

Love,

Ms. Aster

No comments: