Sunday, May 30, 2010

Perks

There must be some perks to being the wife of a soon-to-be doctor, right?
I know there must be some perks but I'm not sure we've seen too many of them during our journey.
Lets take a look at June's call schedule. The last four weeks of call during his surgery rotation!
Lets focus in on his first day call for the month of June...Sunday, June 6, also known as MY BIRTHDAY! I know my birthday isn't quite a big deal now that I'm going to be 26 and not 6 but I'm still a little bummed. He's going to try and persuade another student to trade days with him but we'll see how that goes.
In all seriousness, there will be some amazing perks once we reach the light at the end of the tunnel. One year from now we will be back on the island watching Jason graduate and moving to a new city to start residency....and then we'll start seeing the perks. Until then, it looks like I'm going to have a lot of cake and ice cream to eat on June 6th!

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Aww, that sucks! And I don't care how old you get, birthdays are always a big deal! Or, to me they are! :)Hopefully, he can get something worked out!:)