Sunday, May 23, 2010

River Rocks

I've always loved crafts...being creative and free to design has always interested me. This weekend the weather was cool and rainy so I planned a trip to Michaels, the local craft store. I've always wanted something out by our front door that personalized our little apartment so instead of finding the perfect decoration, I decided to make it. I went searching for a flat river rock that I could paint, personalize and put on display!
Once the rock was washed, then I could start adding some of my ideas and color! I wasn't really sure what I wanted to paint on the rock but once I started painting, then ideas just started coming to mind. I wanted to paint something that represented each member of our family.
The cross is for our relationship with God, the stethescope is for Jason, the book is for me and the puppy paws are for the boys. I feel like I was able to capture our little family. It might not be the greatest but I had so much fun making it. I couldn't wait to get it outside by our front door...

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

How fun, I love this. I am also a big fan of anything crafty. That doesn't mean I'm good at it but I still love doing crafts.
You did a great job on your river rock.