Thursday, June 3, 2010

Birthday Gifts From Missouri

Tonight during dinner, the UPS man rang the doorbell and delivered two big boxes addressed to me! My mom had told me she sent out two birthday boxes and to be expecting them today so as soon as the doorbell rang, I immediately knew my gifts from Missouri had arrived. I had no idea what she had sent but it didn't take long to break into the paper and find the goodies she sent. I don't know about you but I love getting packages from my mom! She always puts so much thought into her packages....she wants them to be just perfect. She knows exactly what to send and this time was no different!Side Note: Mom wanted my gifts to have bows so she put the bows inside the box and instructed me to put the bows on the gift before I opened them. A birthday present is not complete without a cool curly bow. Notice that I would have to tear the paper and open the box to get the bows! Haha..she's too funny! Mom has been watching my niece and nephew for the past few days while my sister and her husband went to Europe, so she had them make homemade birthday gifts for their Aunt Ash. I'm such a sucker for anything homemade...especially when it comes from two of my favorite people, Ana and Brock!

Brock made a homemade dish towel complete with his handprints and footprints. I love it! I can't decide if I want to use it or if I want to frame it...I think it will go perfect in my kitchen! Ana made a set of coasters for our coffee table in our living room. She glued ceramic pieces on a glass square, added the grout and put a piece of felt on the back so they wouldn't scratch the wood. She is so creative...the coasters couldn't be any cuter!


Mom sent tons of goodies to go along with the kid's gifts. I finally got my rollerblades in California. They wouldn't fit in our loaded down cars when we drove out here and I tried to put them in my carry-on when I was home in May but they wouldn't fit! She must have known how bad I wanted to try them on our bike trail! I loved going through all the goodies that were wrapped in my birthday boxes. I have the best family a girl could ask for! I loved everything...I can't wait to use all my goodies! My Missouri family definitely knows how to put a smile on this California girl's face!

No comments: