Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Jason and myself are so fortunate to wonderful fathers and father-in-laws. We try to spend Father's Day with either my dad or Jason's dad, depending on where we are living and this year we were able to spend Father's Day with Chip. I made sure to call my dad and let him know that I was thinking of him on his special day--Missouri is too far of a drive away so a phone call had to suffice this year. Being in California has allowed us to hang out and spend important holidays with Jason's family and we are enjoying all of these experiences. I'm not sure how many years it has been since Jason was around to help Chip celebrate Father's Day(20+ years), but we are excited that we live close enough this year and were able to make the drive down this weekend.
We are so thankful for the great men in our lives! They have had so much influence and given us direction when we needed it most. I hate that we have family spread throughout the country and we can't spend these important holidays with everyone. I guess that's just part of life and getting older. Kind of stinks...
Jason also got some special recognition for Father's Day, afterall he does have two of the cutest little boys I've every seen! The boys wanted their daddy to feel super special today so they made him a Father's Day present. Bazzle wanted to watch Jason open his special gift.
At camp last week our class made special drawings for their dads and the class thought that Miss Ashley needed to make a drawing for Father's Day too so I decided that the 'boys' should make Jason a special drawing. I know, I know...corny but that's ok he needed to feel special today because he's a great daddy to the boys. I know when the time is right and we decide to have a little Conway that he'll be a wonderful daddy. Until then, the boys will have to do!

Happy Father's Day to all the great men in our lives....each one of you (dads and grandpas) deserve the best on your special day!

No comments: