Friday, June 18, 2010

Perfect Proposal

At Kelly's Korner, a blog I read, she is having each of her readers tell their proposal story.
Here is ours....
Jason and I started dating during my first year of college and it didn't take long before we knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. After about two years, we went to a jewelry store to try on hundreds of beautiful rings and to find out my ring size. I assumed that since we went and looked at rings that he would be proposing soon. We had a trip to Paris planned and I just knew that he was going to propose...afterall isn't Paris the city of love? Each day I made sure that I looked my best but on the day we climbed to the top of the Eiffel Tower, I really got beautified. I did my hair, makeup and made sure my outfit was just perfect...we got to the top and NOTHING! Not going to lie...I was a little disappointed. I wanted to have a perfect proposal with all the glamour attached to it, or so I thought.
Well fast forward two years...I had kind of given up on trying to guess when he was going to propose. It was exhausting to always be thinking 'today is the day' so I pushed it to the back of my mind. On October 8, 2007 our family was getting together at a fun place called "Elephant Rocks" for my grandpa's birthday. We loaded up coolers of food for the BBQ pit, lawn chairs, blankets and headed out to the birthday party. Elephant Rocks is an area with tons of granite rocks that are huge so hiking/comfortable clothes are a must. Once we got settled and ate some lunch, Jason wanted to take the boys for a walk. I wasn't feeling a walk with just him and the boys...I wanted to wait for the family so we could all go together. He was pretty persistant so I gave in and we started up a huge rock. We eventually made it to the tallest rock and all of a sudden he gets on both knees. At first I didn't believe him...he was always giving me quarter machine rings for each of our anniversaries so I just brushed him off thinking that he was just playing around. Nope...he was dead serious. I was completely speechless and surprised. I had no idea that he had even went and got the ring, carried it in his pocket all day and planned on proposing with just our 'little family around'. IT WAS PERFECT! No makeup, no cute clothes and no cute hair but I didn't care.
I had the man of my dreams down on his knees asking to spend the rest of his life with me and it doesn't get much better than that!

1 comment:

Ben and Emily said...

What a sweet proposal! I'm glad your family was around to capture the moment for you!