Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yummy Memories

I. Love. My. Husband. He is like a surprise bag of goodies...you never know what you're going to get with him sometimes. He isn't the type of person that talks my ear off about his childhood and all the memories that went along with it, but he does throw out little memories here and there. He likes when we go and visit the family in Ventura...not only does he want to visit his family but it gives him an excuse to enjoy things that he remembers enjoying as a kid. Jason hasn't lived in California since he was 4 or 5 years old but he has some yummy memories! I love to drive with him through the city and have him start sharing his memories....riding his bike through orchards, which are now large subdivisions; not being able to unzip his wetsuit after a long day of surfing in the 50 degree ocean waves; eating at Croney's, a sports bar, where the hot wings and the waitresses were the hottest thing ever; Spudnuts with the best doughnuts around. Since it was Father's Day weekend, I wanted to make him feel super special. What better way to make him feel special than his favorite large super chocolately doughnut?

These doughnuts are unlike any doughnut I've ever seen....they are HUGE and filled with chocolate filling and chocolate chips and topped with a chocolate frosting and chocolate chips. I loved seeing his excitement when he woke up and saw his breakfast waiting for him. What you don't know is that I actually bought them the night before and when we were gone at the fashion show, he found them and decided he just couldn't wait. Unfortunately, we had to made two visits to Spudnuts this past weekend so he could have them for breakfast. For some odd reason, I don't think Jason minded that we made two visits to his all time favorite doughnut shop. I love being so close to Jason's old 'stomping grounds'--I love hearing stories that he remembers from his childhood. Bike riding, surfing, hot wings and doughnuts are just a few things that have made my hubby who is today! Memories can be so much fun...especially when they are filled with chocolate doughnuts!

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

How fun, It sounds like you two had a great time. I love learning new things about the hubs. Its fun!

Those donuts look so GOOD! Yum!