Tuesday, July 6, 2010

ECO-Friendly

This past weekend we smelled an abnormal smell coming from car. Jason is pretty good at most simple car issues so he decided to look under the hood for anything that looked out of place. He found a small hairline crack in the radiator but before we completely replaced it, we tried to patch it with a product called JB-Weld. We didn't drive my car at all this weekend because we wanted to make sure that the product was as dry as possible before we started back to work this week. Well...on my way to work this morning, the smell returned. It didn't take long to notice that the fluid was still coming out of the crack, even with the patch over the crack.
We called a few places to get some estimates and found a small little radiator shop in a not-so-nice part of town but he was about $300 cheaper so we gave it a try. He asked that we bring the car in late the night before or early in the morning. Jason gets up at 4am and I wasn't about to get up that early to drop my car off at the shop, so we took my car after Jason got home from work this afternoon. This scenario might sound pretty close to perfect, but it throws a few wrenches in my daily routine. I have camp every morning and it's not too far from home but it's far enough to generate massive amounts either by walking or riding my bike.
I'm planning on riding my bike to work tomorrow and chaining it up to the nearest pole for the day. I hope the weather participates...I guess I'll be taking some deoderant and body spray in my backpack tomorrow. Looks like I'll be ECO-friendly for a few days. I guess it takes days like this to realize just how fortunate we truly are. I'm guessing that it won't take too long on my bike in the morning to realize just how fortunate I am to have a decent car with an AMAZING air conditioner. Wish me luck! Details of my ECO-friendly excursion to follow!

No comments: