Monday, July 26, 2010

Just A Small Surgical Procedure

Yesterday afternoon we had a small, soft knock on the door. We immediately knew it was the neighborhood kids wanting to play or swim with them. They just think we are the coolest couple and any chance they get, they knock on our door and beg us to play with them. Well yesterday was one of those days. We started giggling-- we went and hid in the bedroom (thinking that they would go away). I'm not really sure why we decided to hunker down and run into another room, but we did. Well they didn't let the fact that we weren't answering the door stop them....they kept knocking. Eventually I talked Jason into answering the door and the conversation went something like this.
Jason--Hey man, what's up?
Saaj--Just wanted to see if the surgery doctor would come and help us
(he doesn't realize that surgery was SO last month!)
Jason--Is someone hurt?
Saaj--No, but we need you to show us some ways to do surgery.
Jason--Ummm....surgery on what?

After a bit of the two of them talking back and forth, I peek through the blinds to see about 5 other kiddos (all in 5th grade or younger) standing outside the door with their surgical patient laying on the concrete sidewalk. They found a dead frog floating in the waterway by our apartment and decided to learn all about the inside parts of a frog but they didn't want to destroy all the frog's insides so they wanted Jason to teach them. They used sharp rocks and tree limbs as their tools...needless to say that when we went to workout later that afternoon the smell was HORRENDOUS!
The surgery didn't go so smooth and we had to clean up the leftovers that the kids left laying right in the middle of the sidewalk. It was pretty nasty...I definitely wanted to find each and everyone of those kids and make them clean up the disgusting mess they made but they were no where to be found!
After we got over the smell and the fact that they left a mutilated frog 20 feet away from our front door, we had a good laugh. It was so funny that they wanted Jason to teach them how to do surgery on a dead frog. I guess they know how good of a doctor Jason is....they wanted the BEST to help them!

3 comments:

Bryan and Chelsey's Moss Moments said...

Oh gross! Y'all are way better sports than I would have been! Haha....

Kelsey Claire said...

Okay this is really funny! OH my goodness. I am sure that was such a sight!

*Maybe* Baby ♥ Mama said...

Our journey has begun!... secretly though =)

If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites and decided I would LOVE for to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post now up. I’d love for you to stop by.

Exciting things going on around here!

http://www.definitelymaybebaby.com/

~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama