Thursday, July 22, 2010

Prayer=The Best Stress Reliever

Stress. I have quite a bit going on these days. Nothing that I can't handle but too much to act like everything is going perfect. School, work and life in general has thrown a few curve balls our way and I'm tired of swinging. Just when I think that I'm having a rough day and things couldn't get much worse, I am reminded that my life is really pretty good. The amount of stress that I think I have doesn't even come close to the amount of stress that others are dealing with. Even complaining makes me feel like a big whiner but sometimes I feel the need to vent and get some things off my chest. I'm sure my mom gets tired of my daily phone calls that start off with me moaning and groaning about some part of life...sorry mom! She never says "Shut up, Ashley" or "Your being a big whiny baby"--instead she just listens and tells me to pray about it. Without our daily chat sessions, I'm not sure I could function quite the same! Thanks, mom!

God has been so good to our family that I feel selfish for even thinking that my issues are important when there are families out there that are dealing with death, cancer, divorce and any other serious issue. I've had a lot on my mind these past few days...nothing super serious, so don't panic....but still a lot of soul searching has been going on. I know that God has a plan for our family and we need to let him lead us down the path that he wants for us. I'm a planner, organizer and have small bouts of OCD thrown in the mix so it is difficult for me to not want to grab the reigns and try to take control of our life. Wrong. I need to have full faith in my God that he is in control. He wants the best for our family!

Sorry for the depressing post....just what's weighing on my mind! I can already feel myself doing better-sometimes it's just opening up and being honest combined with A LOT of prayers that makes things better!

No comments: