Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Riding With The Wind In My Hair

Well, the bike ride to work wasn't as bad as I expected. I made sure to wake up a few minutes early so I could leave in plenty of time....just in case. You never know what complications can go wrong...thorne in the tire, bike traffic, wreck, etc. I can't stand to be late! I made sure everything looked good on the bike and then I headed to camp. Camp isn't that far from the apartment but I was a little unsure where I was going. Yes, I'm the type of person that only knows one way to get to a place and if I try to take a new way, I always get lost! Instead of going the normal 'car' route, I decided to cut through campus and hope that I would find the normal lot. After a stop at the campus map, I finally found my way to the right building. Pathetic, I know! I swear I could get lost in a circle driveway sometimes.I didn't think to bring the bike lock and I didn't feel comfortable leaving the bike on campus without it being locked up so I had one option, I put it in the back of the classroom. The kids were amazed that Miss Ashley rides a bike to school! They were asking tons of questions about the bike...it was pretty cute!
Little did I know that at the end of the day, these cute little faces would surprise me with a gift to say thank you. I love each of their signatures on the card...I'm going to miss all my little kiddos!Let me just say that the ride home was a little more difficult than the ride to camp. One hand holding the flower and the other steering the bike...definitely not the safest way to drive down the side of a busy street. I did almost get into an accident when I was crossing the road but we'll skip that small, minor detail. I made it home and that's all that matters!
The car is now back in our possession. The old man down at the radiator shop called this afternoon to let us know that the car was fixed. I'm so glad that the car is fixed and that it didn't cost as much as we had planned on. Thank goodness for self-employed, 70 year old men that enjoy fixing radiators in the tiniest shops in not-so-nice parts of town!

No comments: