Wednesday, August 4, 2010

30 Day Blog Journal--Favorite Book

Today is a post that I could go on and on about all day! I love to read--it's almost therapeutic for me! I will read just about any book that is put in front of me...doesn't mean I like them all, but I do enjoy reading different types of books.
What is your favorite book?
I couldn't decide if I wanted to choose a genre of books and pick a favorite or just try and pick one. Since I'm not good at making definite decisions on the BEST, I decided to give a few :)

Harry Potter is a great series that I couldn't put down. I know there was a lot of controversy over the books but they were a great FICTION read! I think I finished each book in a week tops and then went and bought the whole series. I still read the books--they are so good!
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was the next huge series after Harry Potter. I'm so glad that I decided to read the books. I was pretty skeptical in the beginning...vampires and warewolves usually aren't characters in the books that I read. This was a great love story that I couldn't put down!Water for Elephants would have to be one of the best reads (outside of a series) that I've read in a long time. It's a book on life, the joys, the pains and love all while working with the circus. I loved this story!
*Sidenote--all of this books have movies out (or will have movies out) and they don't even come close to the books. I love the imagination that I can use when I read and the movies don't do the books justice.

2 comments:

Monique said...

I will have to keep "Water for Elephants" in mind for my long trip to Czech Republic :)

Wendy Sice said...

LOVE the Harry Potter and Twilight Series. I think the first movies of each one have been amazing but the following ones have not been as good - too much missed out.
Check out my book response blog for some more great books to read! http://sicebooks.blogspot.com