Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ms. Ruth!

When I started working a year ago, I had no idea of the friendships and the bonds that I would make. Ms. Ruth is probably the most excited student we have and she has truly been an added bonus to my job. We started talking one day, long ago, about my pictures in my office and she saw the picture of the boys. She immediately felt a bond with me when we started talking about his seizures and she wanted to pray for his little body. From that day on, the bond was built. Every Monday and Wednesday when she would come in for class, her baby girl would get a big 'ole hug. I am known around the office as "Ruth's baby girl"--too funny!
She fell off her front step in early spring and hasn't been into the office in awhile because of a broken foot but today was a different! I called Ruth early this week and told her that she needed to come into the office today...I had something to give her. Today, August 19th, is Ms. Ruth's 62nd birthday. I wanted to make her feel so special and loved! No birthday is complete with cake/cupcakes, a birthday song and a present!! Ms. Ruth got all the attention this morning... Ms. Ruth was so thankful...if you look closely in the pictures where she is opening her gifts, she is crying. Sometimes it's the smallest things that mean the most. I'm so glad I was able to show Ms. Ruth love on her birthday. Happy 62nd Birthday, Ms. Ruth!

No comments: