Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Secrets

I've never been great at keeping secrets! I'm not going to lie...I try my best to not say anything but then it slips out, unexpectedly, in the middle of a conversation. Well, I'm trying my best to keep a secret from my hubby...not a bad secret, but a good secret. Good secrets are still secrets though and they are incredibly hard to keep :)
Joe and Sarah, our friends from Missouri that got married a few weeks ago, will be in Las Vegas this weekend and a bit of next week for a work related tradeshow. We are about 4-5 hours away from Vegas and would love to surprise Jason with a fun weekend filled with familiar faces. We miss our friends and family terribly and I think a fun weekend with them will be just what he needs to get through the next few weeks and kick STEP 2's booty! Ideas have been flying through my head these past few days and I've finally decided that I'll try to talk him into a mini-vacation. I started yesterday with the whole scenario and he wasn't really buying it. 10+ hours to hang out in Vegas for a day and a half didn't sound too exciting to him. I finally had to give him the guilt trip..." We never do anything together anymore...you're either studying or sleeping" and he reluctantly agreed to make the trip! I felt so bad saying those words but I had to do something to make him agree to the trip and it worked...I'll apologize later. I didn't mean it, I know what sacrifices we must endure through this journey and we've both come to accept them! One condition for the Vegas trip this weekend...I have to drive so he can study!
I'm so excited to see Jason's face when he realizes that our friends from home are in Vegas. He's going to be estatic! This weekend should be a great time...not only will we get to spend time with our friends but we'll get to explore Vegas. I hope I can keep the secret...wish me luck!

2 comments:

Blair said...

I am taking it he doesn't read the blog? :)

Y'all have fun! Sounds like a blast!

Meant to be a mom said...

How fun, I hope you have a great time with them. I bet he will be so excited. Good surprises are the best.