Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just A Kid At Heart

I seriously think I missed out on a few main years of my childhood. I'm not sure what it is but I'm a magnet for the neighbor kids. I get a knock on the door and a few doorbell rings everyday and they are always begging me to play. Yes, it might sound very cute but it gets very old, very fast. Here lately I've had to be the mean 'ole neighbor and make up some excuse why I can't go outside and play hide-n-seek or tag through the apartment complex. Well on my way to get a pedicure this weekend, I was approached by Nadine, my next door neighter, and she wanted to play. I told her I was on my way to get a pedicure and paint my nails. She immediately insisted that she needed to paint her nails so we can have matching polish on our toes. Fast forward to tonight...after dinner I'm settling in on the couch with the computer for some blog time and the doorbell rings. I had my excuse all ready when I opened the door, It was busy at work today and I have to do some paperwork tonight, but that flew out the door when I saw her standing on the doorstep with her nail supplies in hand. She gave me the sweetest look and said, "Ms. Ashley, can you paint my nails so we can be twins?" UGH...how could I say no to that?! I made sure to tell her I had to go inside after her nails were dry...yeah, right! Her nails took FOREVER to dry! We even had to play a few games of freeze tag and hide-n-seek and they STILL weren't dry. Ha! Jason snuck in a few pictures of us playing...I obviously had no idea or I would have tried to look a little cuter running around. About an hour and two popsicles later, the nails were finally dry. Sometimes something as simple as playing tag and laughing with a bunch of crazy neighbor kids can take me back to when I was younger. I guess I'm still just a kid at heart...and I LOVE IT!

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

It's good to see the neighborhood kids love you! That means you'll be a good Mommy someday!