Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mishappenings And Big Mistakes

**As I was pouring my mug with warm water for my morning tea this morning, the lid fell off and the steam got the best of my hand. My fingers got burned pretty bad...who knew steam burns were so painful?! Can you guess which fingers got burned?I soaked my fingers in a glass of cool water for most of the day...needless to say, I wasn't as productive as I normally am today at work!

**I got to work determined to not let my burnt hand get the best of me and I had not one, not two but three students that didn't show for their sessions with their tutors. They didn't even feel the need to call in to let us know...GRRR! Their tutors didn't seem to mind as much as I dreaded telling them that their dedicated students decided not to show.

**Then to put the icing on the cake, I got this text from Jason. I blacked out the location..don't need to broadcast every little detail to the blog world. HA! I know that we applied to over 100 positions and he isn't going to be able to interview at all of them BUT it still breaks my heart when we hear back from a hospital and they don't want to invite him for an interview. Jason handles these "turndown" situations so much better than I do. He's a little more classy and professional. I want to send them an anonymous email about the HUGE mistake that they made when they turned the best dang student doctor down for an interview. As Vivian Ward from Pretty Woman would say..."Big Mistake. Big. Huge."
In all seriousness--I know Jason will be a perfect fit in whatever hospital he ends up at. God has a plan for our future and it just so happened that ________ wasn't the hospital in God's plan.
Sortof glad today is almost over...excited to see what tomorrow brings!!

5 comments:

Bryan and Chelsey's Moss Moments said...

Ouch! Steam burns are bad! Hope your hand feels better soon! Oh and I love the Vivian comment..I can hear her saying it now..haha!

Kelsey Claire said...

So sorry your burnt your finger! Burns are the worst. I can't imagine how hard it is to see your oh so smart hubby get turned down for an interview!

Jackson's said...

Yeah those turn down emails suck. We had a few of those, everyone does. And I was just like you. I wanted them to know that they "missed out" on a good doctor. You all will match at a place that is perfect for you. Good luck. And careful around the steam! OUCH!

Meant to be a mom said...

Sorry to hear about the hospital situation. I agree though, whats meant to be will be. Although I do like your quote from Pretty women. HAHA! Good choice!

Also your hand,,, Yikes!!!
I hope it heals quickly. Burns are the worst!

amy (metz) walker said...

I'm sorry for the turn down! We've been through this before and it's the worst to have to see your husband - who you know is an exceptional and capable man - get turned down for something he wants. I remember feeling so frustrated that they didn't know what they were missing! I'm sure you know the feeling!

Hopefully the right place recognizes his value SOON!