Thursday, October 14, 2010

When I Was Young...

When I was young, very young, I can remember wanting to be a taxi cab driver. Taxi drivers were always being needed by pedestrians that needed to get somewhere that was too far to drive and they were always given money for their services. Everyday the drivers were given money by every person that sat in the car...amazing! I was too young to understand that the drivers had to give money to give to the company manager or pay for the upkeep and the gasoline to keep the car in working shape if they were self-employed.
I didn't consider the lifestyle or the expenses, I just knew that they were given money all day long. Isn't it funny how we think when we are young?
I didn't consider life and all the small, yet HUGE, details. I just dreamed up a life for me that I felt would be perfect in every way. Oh to be 5 years old again, without a care in the world and dreaming of becoming a taxi cab driver.
Well all I can say is thank goodness that I grew up and considered all the other different opportunities. I still have the desire to help others, just not help them with their transportation. Life as an adult isn't quite how I imagined it when I was a young tike. The responsibilities are an area that I seemed to skip over completely when I would think about getting older. Even though it seems that the responsibilities double with each passing year, I love the fact that I have responsibilities(as crazy as that sounds). Part of me wishes that a few of those "younger" characteristics would have stuck with me a little longer.....day dreaming huge dreams without scaring me half to death and causing me to break out in hives and living life to the fullest everyday without freaking out about the future. I feel like I'm constantly working to live life out to the best of my ability, while trying to be as mature as possible. I feel like, in a lot of ways, I'm still a kid at heart. I still get excited when I hear the ice cream truck come down the street, still fret over what to be for Halloween and still love getting tickled and laughing until I'm about to pee my pants. Life is great right now. I couldn't ask for anything better...we've been extremely blessed. I'm just thankful that I grew out of the young stage and on to the adult stage.
When I was young life was good, but with each passing day it gets a little better and better!!

2 comments:

Kelsey Claire said...

I love this! Amen on all accounts!

Meant to be a mom said...

So true, Isn't it amazing how our minds and needs and expectations change as we grow up.