Saturday, November 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jason!

Twenty-seven years ago, Jason decided to make his grand appearance in a small hospital in California. I'm certain that God knew what he was doing when he made my husband and I couldn't be more thankful.
Today is the first birthday that we've been apart on his birthday. He's still in transit to his next interview (in Chicago) and he got to make a small detour in between interviews for the weekend. He went down to our family's house (in Missouri) for the weekend and he couldn't have gotten more of the 'red carpet' treatment than he did today.
It's been about a year since Jason has been back to Missouri so everyone made sure to spoil him...he needed a weekend full of spoiling!!
Not only is today Jason's birthday but it also happens to be opening day of deer season. Jason hasn't gotten to hunt in 4 years due to us living on and island and then moving to California so he was bound and determined to get out his camouflage and head to the farm for the majority of his weekend.

His hunting instincts came back to him pretty quickly because he was successful with a doe. He loved being back out in the woods...no hospital, no email and limited cell service.

I'm definitely bummed that I couldn't help my husband get another year older...another year close to 3-0....but I think it's safe to say that he had a wonderful birthday. I'll make sure that he has a birthday celebration when he gets back home this week! Happy 27th Birthday, Jason!

No comments: