Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Adventures In England--Day 24 & 25

Monday, April 11, 2011
Today I literally did nothing...laundry and blog updates were the only things on my to-do list. Jason wasn't feeling well so he didn't see any patients and was home by 3:00pm. We were still pretty tired from the weekend trip so we had a low-key dinner and watched a movie in bed. Nothing too exciting!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Happy Birthday to two of our friends...Andy and Joe! We made sure to Skype them so they knew we were thinking of them on their birthdays all the way in England!!

We've been looking online for apartments in Hershey and I think we've finally settled on a place. We've been emailing them back and forth and today I was going to print off the application and get it faxed back as soon as I finished. Well, apparently the hospital computers don't trust Gmail or Hotmail because it wouldn't let me pull up either of the websites. I was determined to get the application printed so I ran upstairs to the student center where those websites can be accessed but the printer was out of ink. I quickly emailed the IT department and they replied and said the ink should be fixed by tomorrow. Hopefully the application gets printed off, filled out and submitted by the end of this week. Needless to say, I got a good workout from running back and forth to the two buildings and up and down the stairs. Jason spent the whole day doing well-child checks on babies that were about to be released from the hospital. He was so cute when he came home from work and said, "The longest part of the well-child checks were getting them undressed. Diaper, onesie, outfit and blanket. I had no idea that babies wore so many layers." I have a feeling that he might find a few other things that surprise him when the time comes to add on to our Conway family. After dinner (pizza and salad), we spent the evening mapping out our trip tomorrow for sport day and playing Mahjong Titans on the computer. Nothing too exciting for two nights in a row!

**I've been pretty lazy the last two days...a lot of chapters were read in my book and a few naps were taken. As much as I miss our old routine, I'm actually enjoying having some time to do nothing.

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm playing catch up.
It looks and seems like things are going good over in England for you guys.
I love all the pictures from your last post. They have the most beautiful gardens there.
I'm glad your having a good time. Sometimes lazy days are just needed. I hope your enjoyed your book reading and laying around :)