Friday, April 29, 2011

Adventures In England--Day 41 & 42

Thursday, April 28, 2011
Today we had ants in our pants...not literally but you would have thought we had drank 10 cups of coffee before 9:00am. We are both so excited to go home! Jason didn't go to work so we planned on sleeping in and just enjoying our last day before our flight. Well, this lady couldn't sleep in past 6:00am. I was up and packing before the sun was really out. Did I not realize that we had a full day to do all our packing?! Who knows...anyway, the bags got packed before 10:00am and we had the rest of the day to do whatever we wanted. We finally talked ourselves into getting out of the apartment and going to town. We wanted to take our last walk to the pond, walk down our lane hand in hand for the last time, toss bread for the last time to the sweet ducks in the pond, enjoy our favorite pub for the last time and breath in Epsom air for the last night. My heart melted when I saw this adorable couple walking through the park. I love seeing couples, young and old, that are so crazy about each other. Such a sweet scene!

Friday, April 29, 2011
As you read this, we are flying home. We fly out at 12:00pm and we are suppose to get into Missouri around 6:00pm. I'm hoping that we can watch a lot of the Royal wedding before we board our plane. The excitement here has been crazy...it's hard not to get excited when we are so close! My mom and the boys are planning on picking us up from the airport...I'm so excited to see them! I've definitely been having mama and pup withdrawals during our time here! Our six weeks in England was more than we could have asked for. We loved exploring all the castles and learning all the history that is associated with them. Today my husband is officially Dr. Jason Conway....sounds great doesn't it?! I'm so proud of him and the hard work that he has endured in the last 4 years for us to get to this point. Pretty crazy to think that the medical school journey is OVER...woo hoo!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

Have a safe flight! I bet you're happy you got out of there before the wedding madness took over! And if he is a doctor in California again, I'll be sure to stop by his office and say hi!

Kristin said...

welcome home!!