Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Selfish Girl

Anyone who has read this blog for any amount of time knows how much of a mama's girl I am. Well, sometimes I'm not always the best girl to my mama. Let me explain...
My dad and mom got divorced when I was in my first year of college for reasons that don't need to be discussed. My mom moved away from her home town to start a new life in a new town...definitely hard for someone who never lived more than an hour away from her birth place at age 50. Mom did just fine with the move, well as fine as to be expected. She bought a house, found a job and was able to get into a normal routine.
It took her awhile to date after the divorce but when she did, I wasn't the most supportive. Actually, I was always disapproving and finding as many flaws as fast as I could. I honestly don't think I was doing it in a conscious state of mind but regardless, I was doing it. She deserves a prince charming that is going to ride in on his beautiful white horse and whisk her away to his castle on the hill and I didn't think any of the men she dated were that prince that I wanted for her. My mom longs to be married again to a man that thinks she is the most amazing woman on Earth.
Last night my mom told me that she is dating again (she wasn't for awhile) and I immediately threw up a defense mechanism. Who is he? What does he do for a living? How long have you been dating? After we hung up, I started feeling ridiculous for acting like such a child. She doesn't need to explain herself to me...she knows what is best for her. What if she started acting like that when I told her about Jason?! All I want from my mom is for her to be happy and I'm not to tell her what makes her happy or not.
So mom if you are reading this, which I know you are because you are my #1 blog follower, I wanted to tell you I'M SORRY. I promise to do a better job at keeping an open mind and a positive attitude about you and your love life. You're are such an important person to me and I don't want to see you hurt or in a less than perfect relationship. I can't wait for prince charming to ride in on a horse, a tractor, an airplane, a race car, a backhoe, or any other means of transportation to sweep you off your feet and to the castle on the hill like you deserve.
Well, lets keep it real....before you are swept off anywhere he'll have to have just a teeny, tiny chat with me.

No comments: