Thursday, June 30, 2011
Sunday, June 26, 2011
How far along? 6 weeks and 3 days (Saturday, July 2, 2011)
Food Cravings? Salsa--the spicier the better
Movement? Nothing so far
Notables: This week I started getting a few more symptoms...heartburn, frequent urination and nausea. I haven't thrown up yet but I have a queasy feeling throughout the day. The nausea definitely has an influence in what I eat. This week at church we were able to park in the expectant mother parking lot...so awesome! I tried to push out my belly on the walk in so others wouldn't think I was lying.
Friday, June 24, 2011
We've been adjusting to our new home pretty good. It still feels weird to be in Pennsylvania but Hershey is very similar to where we lived in Missouri. Everyone is so nice and polite, the town isn't that big and there is a lot of countryside mixed in with the nearby cities. I think once we both get settled into a routine, things will start feeling a little more 'like home'.
Then I flipped the letters over and we each had our own little bit of personalization. We are now known to Mom as 'Mama Bear' and 'Papa Bear' and I LOVE THAT TOO!
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Food Cravings? I love anything salty
Movement? Nothing so far
Notables: We went to church on Father's Day--trying to find a church here in Hershey! When we were singing I happened to look over at the kids in the front of the church just singing their hearts out and I lost it. I started bawling...not just small tears but the kind of tears that ruin all your makeup and cause your face to get all red and flushed. Jason just stared at me...he had no idea what was happening. I just kept whispering to him, "I don't know what's happening. I have no idea why I'm crying!" My, oh my...do I have a long 9 months!
Monday, June 20, 2011
Naps are SO much better with my two boys cuddled up beside me!
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Friday, June 17, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
So much has happened in the past few days...
- We left Missouri at 3:00am on Sunday and we arrived at Grandpa Conway's house in the afternoon. He arranged a family BBQ with all the aunts, uncles and cousins. It was so good to see everyone!
- We went to bed, anxious for the next day.
- I called the trailer company at midnight (had to wait until the day of delivery to call)to schedule a drop off at our apartment and was told that the trailer was put on hold until we could drop off cash or a cashier's check at the terminal office. I tried explaining what the man told me when I booked the trailer and she told me nothing could be done until 8:00am.
- We were planning on being on the road by 6:00am but because I had to call back and speak to the billing department at 8:00am, we decided to sleep in a little.
- Called the billing department at 8:01am but wasn't able to talk to anyone until 8:40am...I guess the billing department decided not to show up to work on time.
- Once I got ahold of someone in the billing department, she was confused as to why I was told I had to come by the terminal office with cash or a cashier's check. After ten minutes on the phone, the issue was resolved, the trailer drop off was scheduled and we were on our way.
- We enjoyed breakfast with some of the family and when our bellies were full, we (Uncle Dave, Carissa, Jason and myself) headed East to Hershey.
- 4 hours later we arrived at our apartment complex. We signed the lease and were handed the keys to our new home.
- We unloaded the stuff in the cars and waited patiently for the trailer.
- Once the trailer came, we were surprised to see that a lot of things fell, boxes were broken/crushed and the contents of them were scattered across the trailer floor.
- We tried not to get discouraged seeing all our things damaged and broke.
- We unloaded the whole trailer in two hours....we were all so exhausted afterwards!
- It was about 7:00pm and we realized we hadn't eaten since breakfast. We ordered some pizza, hotwings, breadsticks and salad. We were starving!
- We assembled a few of our things, enjoyed a yummy dinner and pretty much collapsed after a shower.
- We went to bed with boxes, furniture and moving blankets everywhere. Very little carpet could be seen
Fast forward to today...
- The kitchen is completed!
- The spare bedroom is completed!
- The living room and dining room is completed!
- The master bedroom and the closets haven't even been started.
- A few boxes of miscellaneous things are still laying around...not sure where they need to go
- Our refrigerator is home to 6 waters and our freezer has 3 ice trays in it. Grocery shopping is a must today!
- We got internet and cable installed yesterday. That really helped us relax a little. Pathetic, I know but true.
We're slowly settling into our new home. Hershey is known as the "sweetest place on Earth" and I'm hoping that it's a sweet place for us during the next few years.
Oh, I almost forgot to add. The smell of chocolate is in the air. It smells like a baking brownie all the time. I wonder if our noses will get used to the chocolate smell or if we'll learn to block it out. Right now, the smell just makes me want to bake some brownies.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
The butterfly turned out great...it's going to look great in front of Mom's house.
**After the butterfly stone, we got out the paint and the paintbrushes. I needed to touch up my Conway rock and the kids wanted to paint too!(Lance even got in on the painting action on another night this week)
**A sleepover with Brock watching Spongebob until our eyes wouldn't stay open any longer**Cooking marshmallows in a fire pit for s'mores at our going away/graduation/birthday party
I tried to spend every waking moment with Ana, Brock, Lance and Lexie...I love being so close to my nieces and nephews. I'm so glad that I set aside extra time to spend with them! I sure am going to miss them!!
Friday, June 3, 2011
We had a great day lounging around the pool...we're going to miss days like this! We will definitely take advantage of a few more 'dog days' before we move next weekend!!
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Here we go...Ashley from A to Z
Ambition: To show love and kindness to the people I come in contact with on a daily basis
Ice Cream: Strawberry