Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bump Updates: Week 4

So far I'm not experiencing any of the symptoms that are associated with having a baby so this whole pregnancy thing still seems a little unreal.
(If you look closely, you can see one little poppy seed laying on the paper)
How far along? 4 weeks and 3 days (on Saturday, June 18, 2011)
How big is the baby? The size of a poppy seed
Sleep? I'm sleeping ALL THE TIME! Maybe the fact that I don't have a job yet has something to do with my sleeping patterns?!
Food Cravings? Nothing yet that I've noticed
Gender? Still too early to tell
Best moment this week? Seeing two pink lines on the pregnancy test
Movement? Nothing
Milestones? Nothing so far
Development? The great divide is occurring. Half of the cells will become the placenta and the other half with become the embryo. The different layers of the embryo will start differentiating into specialized parts of the baby.

Notables: We told the family and close friends that we were expecting today. I know that it's still extremely early but I couldn't hold it in any longer. If something were to happen to the pregnancy, then I know we'll want to be comforted by my family and friends so we decided to make the announcement. It's pretty funny because before I got pregnant I had the sweetest little ideas for how we would tell everyone we were expecting....those went right out the window the second the two lines appeared! There was no way I could wait until the first ultrasound to make the announcement.

No comments: