Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bump Updates: Week 5

This week was very good! I've been reading all the pregnancy books I could get my hands on...there is so much information out there for new, expectant mothers. I know it's really soon but I wanted to see the total body transformation from the very beginning so I decided to take a bump picture this week.
How far along? 5 weeks and 3 days (on Saturday, June 25, 2011)
How big is the baby? The size of a orange seed
Sleep? I'm still enjoying my naps (yes, multiple) per day!
Food Cravings? I love anything salty
Gender? Still too early to tell
Best moment this week? Getting my morning phone call from my mom where she always asks how "mama bear" is feeling?
Movement? Nothing so far
Milestones? Nothing so far
Development? The circulatory(blood) system is developing this week. The baby's heart, which is the size of a poppy seed, is developing two tiny channels called heart tubes, which are already beating to their own drummer. The channels aren't coordinated but they are beating! The neural tube, which will become the brain and the spinal cord, is also growing and should be sealed over and protected by next week.

Notables: We went to church on Father's Day--trying to find a church here in Hershey! When we were singing I happened to look over at the kids in the front of the church just singing their hearts out and I lost it. I started bawling...not just small tears but the kind of tears that ruin all your makeup and cause your face to get all red and flushed. Jason just stared at me...he had no idea what was happening. I just kept whispering to him, "I don't know what's happening. I have no idea why I'm crying!" My, oh my...do I have a long 9 months!

No comments: