Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bump Updates: Week 6

Here is the belly bump update for week 6...
How far along? 6 weeks and 3 days (Saturday, July 2, 2011)
How big is the baby? The size of a peaSleep? I'm still napping during the day but I think part of that could be because my nighttime sleep is interrupted by multiple trips to the bathroom. I sometimes get up four and five times a night...I'm seriously thinking I should buy stock in Charmin
Food Cravings? Salsa--the spicier the better
Gender? Still too early to tell
Best moment this week? Finally getting our insurance all switched and started so I was able to call and set up our first appointment with the doctor.
Movement? Nothing so far
Milestones? The baby's heart is finally beating in sync and this week the heart rate is 80 beats per minutes.
Development? The baby's jaws, cheeks and chin are starting to develop. Ear canals are starting out as small indentations on both sides of the head. The baby's eyes are small black dots, the nose is a small bump on the front of the head. The baby's organs such as the kidneys, liver and lungs are also taking shape this week.

Notables: This week I started getting a few more symptoms...heartburn, frequent urination and nausea. I haven't thrown up yet but I have a queasy feeling throughout the day. The nausea definitely has an influence in what I eat. This week at church we were able to park in the expectant mother parking lot...so awesome! I tried to push out my belly on the walk in so others wouldn't think I was lying.

No comments: