Friday, June 24, 2011

Getting Settled In...One Day At A Time

Jason had ATLS(advanced trauma life support training) and ACLS( advanced cardio vascular life support training) last Thursday and Friday and this past Monday. He passed both his training courses and is ready for residency to begin this coming Monday. Since he had some time off this week, we had a few errands to run. I usually handle most of the errand running but changing over our driver's licenses and our license plates needed to be dealt with by both of us.
Well after a few hours in multiple waiting lines at PENNDOT on Tuesday, we had everything changed over and we officially became a Pennsylvania resident.
After we finished at PENNDOT, we had to get our cars inspected and pass the emmissions test. My car passed but Jason's car had a bad wheel bearing and they wouldn't pass it until it got fixed. I'm so thankful that we found this out before we did any more big driving trips. God was really watching over us these past weeks because just last week we drove 17 hours from Missouri and then this week we drove 8 hours to visit the family one last time before residency begins. The mechanic acted like the wheel could fall off at any moment...scary stuff!

I started putting in resumes last weekend and was pleasantly surprised when I started receiving some follow up calls and emails. I've been able to schedule some interviews and I'm pretty excited. I hope I can find the perfect job for our family! I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on the interview results!!
Because I don't have a job right now, I want to keep myself busy so I went out looking for organizations that need volunteers. The Ronald McDonald House is pretty close to our apartment so I stopped by one day when I was out and signed up to volunteer. I have a meeting next week to figure out where the organization can use me...I'm pretty excited!

We've been adjusting to our new home pretty good. It still feels weird to be in Pennsylvania but Hershey is very similar to where we lived in Missouri. Everyone is so nice and polite, the town isn't that big and there is a lot of countryside mixed in with the nearby cities. I think once we both get settled into a routine, things will start feeling a little more 'like home'.

1 comment:

Bryan and Chelsey's Moss Moments said...

Yay! I'm glad you're getting all settled in!