Thursday, September 29, 2011
I flip him over and notice this...and then I notice one small little flea trying to hurry itself into the thicker hair to hide. Who does that flea think he is attacking my big boy?! I made sure to end the flea's life before giving Bazzle a flea bath, putting anti-itch cream on his leg, dosing him up on Benadryl and wrapping him up in a tight blanket so he wouldn't scratch.
I hope Bazzle doesn't scratch/bite too much today while I'm at work...his little sores already look so tender.
Since when do fleas come out in the fall? For some reason I thought they were a spring/summer annoyance...hmm.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
- After searching multiple websites, I finally found Amelia's nursery bedding. Before I was pregnant I had everything picked out in my head and knew exactly how I wanted everything but now that I'm pregnant, decisions are so much harder to make.
- Our house appraisal is scheduled for Monday and we are excited to hear the results. We know the appraisal must line up with what we bought the house for or we will have to reevaluate the contract. Only 3 weeks until we close on the house and it will feel so good to know one more thing will be marked off the list.
- I made Paula Deen's, Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding, on Friday after I got home from work. It seemed like a great idea at the time but two days later and only a few servings left, I realized how bad of an idea it was. We definitely did not need to skip breakfast and eat banana pudding TWO days in a row but we did and it was some of the best breakfast we've had in a long time!
- We watched Contagion yesterday, per Jason's suggestion, and I realized how scary germs and diseases can be. Needless to say, I am more aware of where I put my hands and how much instant hand sanitizer I can place around the house, in the car and around the office.
- We locked ourselves out of our apartment for the second time in a month over the weekend. The first time we called the main office, waited for security to unlock our door and had to pay a $55 penalty. This time we were determined to not have to pay the penalty so we 'borrowed' a bicycle from a nearby neighbor so Jason could get a boost so he could scale up the wall and pull himself up on our deck. Thank goodness for messy neighbors that leave their bicycles out in the yard, a hubby that can pull his body weight up and a forgetful pregnant mama that forgot to lock the back door.
- We went for a 4-5 mile bike ride yesterday and I realized how much this mama is out of shape. There is a really nice walking/biking trail that goes through Hershey and we decided to give it a try. It was so nice to be out in the fall weather, riding through corn fields and spending time with my hubby. I'm really going to miss him when he gets his crazy call schedule back in November.
Sunday, September 25, 2011
If I could have any job in the world....(Ashley) I would love to work in administration at a children's hospital or a pediatrics department within a hospital. (Jason) Anesthesiologist with no call and no weekends
If I had a day to myself....(Ashley) I would get pampered head to toe. Facial, massage, manicure, pedicure, hair cut and anything else I could squeeze into a 24 hour period. (Jason) Enjoying my family.
If I could get married all over again....(Ashley) I would do it all the time. Our wedding was such an awesome day! (Jason) I would do it in a heartbeat...maybe even, every year.
If I could live anywhere in the United States....(Ashley) Location doesn't really matter as long as we lived close to our family. (Jason) Colorado, in the mountains.
If I could have any talent in the world....(Ashley) Creativeness and craftiness. I love playing Martha Stewart but would really like to not have to try so hard to be crafty! (Jason) I would like to be able to sing.
If you met me in real life....(Ashley) You would know that I am very tender hearted and I would do just about anything for my family/friends. (Jason) I'm dedicated to my family and I love the outdoors.
If I went back to school....(Ashley) I would make sure to enjoy it. Cute notebooks, planners and smooth writing gel pens would be a must, regardless if they were on sale or not! (Jason) I WOULDN'T GO BACK TO SCHOOL, I JUST GOT OUT!!
If money were not an object....(Ashley) I would pay off ALL our school loans, support our family members that have always helped us out, buy plane tickets to go home every month and hire someone to update and decorate our house! (Jason) I would take my entire family on an awesome vacation and buy a large property so my friends and family could hunt.
If I could meet one celebrity....(Ashley) I would have to say Miranda Lambert. I think we would have a lot in common and so much fun together. (Jason) Big Ben from the Steelers.
If I could shop at only one store for the rest of my life....(Ashley) Target! I'm not a big shopper but I love walking the aisles at Target and being surprised by what is on the shelves. (Jason) The grocery store! I wouldn't want to run out of food.
If I could choose an animal/pet....(Ashley) My pups! No doubt about it and no questions asked. (Jason) My Dogs
If I could go on a trip right now....(Ashley) I would love to take Jason to Bora Bora or Fiji. I love the little huts on the water and I think we could both use some alone time in the middle of the ocean. (Jason) Elk hunting in Colorado.
If I could choose between a house maid or a personal chef....(Ashley) A personal chef. By the time I get home from work, the last thing I want to do is cook a yummy, healthy meal. (Jason) A chef would be awesome!
*I saw this and thought it might be fun to read how Jason and myself would respond to the different questions. Some questions were pretty hard for us to generate answers for but we were able to think of something.
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Food Cravings? Right now, the cravings have subsided a bit. I'm at the point where I feel like I'm constantly eating or constantly wanting to eat.
Best moment this week? I loved seeing my little girl again...she's gotten so big! I loved when the tech tried to get her to open her legs so we could see the gender. The tech wiggled my belly a little bit and I guess that frustrated Amelia because she started kicking her little legs just as fast as she could. She was already throwing a little temper tantrum, but she looked so cute doing it!
Development? Amelia sleeps and wakes regularly and now can be awakened from sleep by movements and noises. Soft hair, called lanugo, is starting to cover her sweet little body. This helps keep her warm. The eggs in Amelia's ovaries have formed...she seems too small to already have eggs in her ovaries. She is becoming a master of the yawn and the hiccup. Amelia's truly a one-of-a kind, this week she developed unique fingerprints one her fingers and toes.
Noteables? At my ultrasound appointment, the doctor was a little concerned that I had some fluid build up around one of my ovaries. There weren't any cysts present but the extra fluid gave some concern so I'll be getting another ultrasound at my next appointment to make sure the fluid decreases.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
- Last night, we went shopping for Amelia's first outfit. I, of course, see the 'Buy One Get One' sale racks and head in their direction. Unfortunately all the newborn clothing on sale was for summer babies and since our little one will be a winter baby, then that wouldn't work. I got 2 outfits that are 3-6 months but... that didn't work for Daddy. He wanted to get her something that she could wear this winter, size newborn, so he went to searching the racks. He finally chose the sweetest little outfit...after long and serious deliberation! He was enjoying the shopping experience much more than I thought he would.
- This morning as I was getting ready to head to work, I got such a sweet, unexpected text. Goodness, I married such a great man! I can't wait to see him with his little girl!
- When I got to work, after a long meeting this morning, I had a package on my desk. Devon, my co-worker got us a little gift. This is her first gift from a non-family member...needless to say, I went a little gaga over it!It says 'mommy loves me on the front with cute little monkeys on the feet and a little monkey on the butt. I can't wait to pat that little diaper butt in this outfit!
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
I'm ordering one for Amelia, one with the Conway name and then I was thinking of a Halloween/Christmas one.
Please let me know if you are interested...I can pass your name and contact info to her! You can email me at: ashconway(at)gmail.com.
Monday, September 19, 2011
Sunday, September 18, 2011
On Sunday, we stayed in bed until the last possible minute before church. Both of us were dragging a little bit but after some breakfast in bed, thanks to Jason, we got up and ready for church. Well at least some of us got up...Yes, my husband thinks Gatorade is a suitable drink during any meal throughout the day, even for oatmeal. Haha..no complaints though!
After church and a nap, we met up with some friends for a walk around the Milton Hershey School. The boys' friend, Delilah, is such a sweet dog and friend to the boys...they love to feel like a 'big dog' on the walk and keep up with her!The weather this weekend was amazing. Mid-60s and sunny is the perfect weather for strolling around the fairgrounds and taking a walk with the boys! We are really trying to enjoy these weekends that Jason has off because we know that it won't always be like this!
Saturday, September 17, 2011
This morning was a great start to our weekend....definitely looking forward to what the next few days have in store for the Conways!!
Sunday, September 11, 2011
- On Friday evening, one of the main roads opened up and we were able to get out of Hershey so we ran to the nearest AT&T so I could get a phone. What happened to my phone you might ask?? Well, on Monday while chatting with my mom on speaker phone, I tried balancing my phone on my glass of milk to the kitchen table and the phone went into my milk. Unfortunately, the rain came shortly after my phone went for a swim in my milk and it made getting a new phone pretty difficult until the rain cleared up a bit.
- On Saturday, the baby got his/her first taste of fall. Caramel apples are now out in the stores and I couldn't pass them up! The baby definitely enjoyed the yummy apples!
- My niece, Ana, also had her first cross country race as a 7th grader. The race was 7th and 8th graders and she was able to place and get a medal. Miss Ana got 3rd place overall and the 1st and 2nd place holders were from her school so her team got first place in the overall race. I'm so proud of her!! I wish we lived closer so I could be there cheering her on! I got a text of her and my sister, Ange, after the race and I actually got a little teary eyed. Call me a hormonal, pregnant mess but she just looks so grown up! Goodness, I love that girl!
- On Sunday, we had our future house inspection scheduled. With the flooding, we were unsure if the appointment was going to be followed through with. This morning we headed to the house and this was what we saw...houses across the street from our home had so much water that everything in their basements got damaged. We were freaking out a bit on the drive to the house but thankful the water didn't make it to our house!!
- The house passed inspection with a few minor things that needed attention, but not immediate attention. All we need to do is go over the paperwork with the lender and we should be in our new home in a month as long as everything goes through!
We were able to get a few things marked off of our 'to-do' list! Tomorrow I go back to the doctor for my 17 week checkup. I always get so anxious and excited right before an appointment. I'm ready to hear that heartbeat again...such a sweet, sweet sound to this mama's ears!
Friday, September 9, 2011
Thursday, September 8, 2011
An earthquake, a hurricane and flooding all within two weeks of each other. This Pennsylvania weather is crazy!