Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bump Updates: Week 20

Here is the bump update for week 20....
How far along? 20 weeks and 3 days (Saturday, October 8, 2011)
How big is the baby? The size of a small cantaloupe
Sleep? Sleep has been about the same. I'm able to stay asleep once I can get in a comfortable position...it's finding the position that is the rough part. I've also started limiting my fluid intake after 7:00pm and I find that it is really helping with the multiple trips to the bathroom at night.
Food Cravings? Nothing that really stands out. I'm just hungry all the time.
Gender? It's a GIRL...Amelia Jean
Best moment this week? Being at the halfway point in the pregnancy. Now the countdown begins to the delivery date. It's so crazy to think I'm already this far along!! Amelia is getting so strong that we can feel her move from the outside of my stomach.
Development? Amelia's uterus is already fully formed and her ovaries are holding about 7 million eggs. She is growing so fast and this week she could weigh as much as 1 pound. This week the meconium, the sticky, black substance that will fill her first diaper, is starting to form in her bowels. She is getting so big and so strong this week. Her kicks, flips and movements are getting stronger with everyday.
Noteables? I'm noticing that all my growing parts are starting to itch during the day. I've been lathering on the stretch mark lotion after I get out of the shower each morning so I'm hoping that I can keep those pesky marks to a minimum as my body starts growing bigger. I've also noticed this week that when Amelia is in certain positions, I can't take in a full breath. My diaphram isn't able to expand as far down as it once was because of all the growing which has been taking place inside my stomach.

No comments: