Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bump Updates: Week 23

Here is the bump update for week 23....
How far along? 23 weeks and 3 days (Saturday, October 29, 2011)
How big is the baby? The size of a papaya
Sleep? I've actually been sleeping really good this week. I'm not sure if it's the new house or what but I'm able to fall asleep and stay asleep so much easier than I was doing in the previous weeks.
Food Cravings? Since our neighborhood had trick-or-treating this week, I consumed a lot more candy than I have in the past. The more candy I ate, the more candy I wanted!
Gender? It's a GIRL...Amelia Jean
Best moment this week? Getting all settled in the new house and starting to get the nursery organized and ready for our sweet girl! I could go through all her things everyday and never get tired of seeing her things!
Development? Amelia's skin is still loose this week but her fat is growing with each passing week and it slowly starting to fill in the loose skin. She is over a pound this week and she will double in weight in the next few weeks. Her blood veins and arteries are developing constantly to make her skin more like skin and less like a see-through material. Right now, she is used to familiar sounds and she will respond to them. About 80% of the time that she spends sleeping, she is in REM sleep, which is where the eyes move and her brain is very active.
Noteables? This week I could see Amelia's movements through my tighter clothes. It is so amazing to see random kicks and tumbles strong enough to come through my clothes. Also, I'm pretty sure Amelia had the hiccups a few times this week. This is the first time I've noticed it...such a weird feeling.

No comments: