Monday, July 15, 2013

Bump Updates: Week 30

How far along: 30 weeks on Sunday, July 14, 2013
How big is baby: The size of a cabbage (approximately 16 inches and 2.75 pounds)
Weight gain/loss: I've gained a total of 13.5 pounds, as of July 5th. I now start going to the doctor every two weeks and I'm hoping that I can keep the weight gain to a minimum. Next weigh-in is July 19th.
Sleep: Sleep has been hit or miss. Some nights I sleep really well and other nights I'm awake for an hour or so after I get up to go to the bathroom. I've also started noticing some aching on my left side so I've been trying to position pillows around me to decrease this pain. I'm also having to go to the bathroom every 3-4 hours...good times.
Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really.
Movement: YES!  He's getting so strong and active and I can feel him moving in multiple places at the same time.
What I'm loving: The nursery is actually starting to look more like a nursery and less like a storage room. His bedding and curtains came in and we put them up, so things are slowly taking shape.
Symptoms: This week has been pretty good. I'm getting out of breath faster, exercising is getting more difficult. I'm also noticing some leg cramps during the night to go along with the snoring and the crazy amount of drool.
What I'm looking forward to: Hearing my little man's heartbeat on Friday. I'm not sure I'll ever get tired of hearing that sound.
Best moment of the week: Putting the crib together and seeing the bedding and his room slowly starting to take place. Amelia is always asking to go in the baby's room.
How I'm feeling: I am actually feeling great, physically and emotionally. It has been so hot out but I make sure to always have water with me and to not over extend myself doing outside chores.

No comments: