Monday, September 16, 2013

Bump Updates: Week 39


How far along: 39 weeks on Sunday, September 15th, 2013
How big is baby: The size of a watermelon (20 inches and 7 pounds)
Weight gain/loss: I've gained a total of 28.7 pounds, as of September 13th. My next appointment is September 20th, if I haven't delivered by then.
Sleep: When I can get comfortable, sleep is amazing. I'm still getting up 3-4 times a night to go to the bathroom and depending on the night, some nights are easier to fall back to sleep than others. I only slept on the couch once this week so I'd say this week was pretty successful in the sleeping department.
Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Craving ice all.day.long. Still not really turned away from much but I'm not really having any true cravings either. Been eating a good amount of carbs (which might have something to do with the weight gain)
Movement: YES!  He's still pretty active but I have noticed a few times that he's slowing down with all of his fast paced kicks.
What I'm loving: That at my last doctor's appointment I was 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced. We're progressing! Baby's heartbeat was also good (137)--a little lower than last week but she said it was nothing to be concerned about.
What I'm looking forward to: Being able to wear my wedding ring again...it's been off for about 4 weeks now.
Best moment of the week: Getting all the supplies together to make Amelia a "Big Sister" shirt. Hoping that my vision turns out and I don't end up having to make a mad dash to the store for a shirt.
How I'm feeling: Slow, uncomfortable and HUGE. I'm in full blown waddle mode, taking a bath is pretty hysterical because it's so hard to sit back up once I lay down and I'm not sure my stomach can stretch much bigger. I'm really trying to enjoy these last few days but it's so difficult when the anxiety just keeps building with each contraction and passing day.

Here is a bare belly shot...just for fun! Don't you just love Amelia's toothbrush on the side?! HA


No comments: