Friday, September 13, 2013

Finally Friday!

--Last night I went to a "Favorite Things" party with the other resident spouses and it was the first night out of the house with the girls in a long time. I had never attended a "Favorite Things" party but when I heard about it, I knew I wanted to attend. Each person brought 4 of her favorite things (food, makeup, cleaners, etc) and then by the end of the night each person had 4 new favorite things to take home and try out. We each brought our favorite appetizer/dessert so we had a fun night of swapping out favorite things and eating favorite snacks. Some items were a little more interesting than others but I left with some great things and a full belly!

--Nannie and Amelia love playing with play dough. We are still on our homemade batch and it is some of the best play dough, not to mention super cheap and easy to make. I got a picture of these two being silly one evening after dinner.
--Amelia slept in this morning...hip hip hooray. She normally wakes up anytime between 5:45a and 6:30a but this morning she didn't get up until 7:00a. She slept a good 12 hours and I loved being able to lay in bed past my normal get up time. It's the little things in life!

--I had my 39 week doctor's appointment this morning at 8am and pulling into the parking lot I realized that I only have 1, possibly 2 more times, to pull into the lot before Barrett makes his arrival. It made the waddle to the front door a little more bearable.

--Speaking of doctor's appointment, I gained 3 pounds IN ONE WEEK, had great blood pressure, Barrett's heart rate was 137 and I am now 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced...we are progressing!

--Amelia is really starting to become a fan of her couch as a bed that she can lay down on. She grabs a pillow off the couch, covers up with her blanket and then plays on the iPad, reads books or watches a little TV. It's so cute to see her all cuddly on her pink couch.
--I still think I have the cutest personal chef...she makes a phenomenal cup of tea!
--This weekend we are going to go to an Art Festival in town and to the apple orchard to pick us some fresh apples. Jason is on call so it's a girls weekend!  So excited for a little girl time with my mom and my sweet girl!

No comments: