Monday, January 13, 2014

Daddy/Daughter Date

A couple of months ago there was an advertisement on TV for an Elmo production in Hershey. Elmo Makes Music was the theme and from the second that she saw the advertisement, Amelia was addicted. She doesn't really watch Sesame Street but she does have a few Sesame Street books so I'm guessing that is where she learned about Elmo. What's better than Elmo AND music?! 
Amelia's just shy of being two years old so we thought she would really enjoy the stage, the lights and all the characters on stage. After a short conversation regarding the show, we purchased two tickets to see Elmo. The ticket prices were a little high, especially after the processing and handling fees, so we decided that one of us could take Amelia. Jason decided that he wanted to take Amelia. He wanted to have a daddy/daughter date!
We counted down the days leading up to the big day and when it finally arrived, Amelia could hardly contain her excitement.
I was so happy that they were going to the theatre together, so happy that he had time off to spend with her and so happy that she loves him so much but my baby girl went on her first big outing without her mama...and she had a great time!
Jason sent me tons of pictures so I could feel like I was part of their morning!  I LOVED seeing all the pictures...made me feel so much better. 
 




 
Most of the pictures are blurry but even the blurriness can't hide my little girl's smile. She LOVED the show. She was so excited to get home and tell us all about the musical and show us all the pictures on her daddy's phone. Oscar the Grouch and Big Bird were her favorites. She kept reminding us that Oscar lives in trash...HA! 
Elmo Makes Music was such a fun date for Jason and Amelia!  Our little girl is definitely a daddy's girl and I don't think her daddy minds at all!

No comments: