Monday, January 13, 2014

First Walk of 2014

Yesterday the temperatures rose above 40 degrees so we were determined to get out and get some fresh air. We used to take daily walks, regardless of the temperature, but this winter has been a little rougher than previous winters so our walks stopped once the cold weather rolled in.
Since it has been awhile since we've walked around the block, we were all really excited to get out of the house. I know Amelia doesn't look too excited to go but trust me, she was!
To get a picture with her looking at the camera, I have to tell her that I have something (usually a bug) on my phone. Hence, the death stare to find out what's on my phone.
If I tell her to smile, this is what I get. The sweetest little smile, which can't be seen because her head tilts all the way back. Can't you just hear her saying, "Cheeessseeee"?!
The loop walk was so much fun! I forgot how good it feels to get out of the house, to get a little exercise and to get some fresh air. Spring can't come soon enough!
Amelia loves riding in the stroller with her brother. Throughout the whole walk she was making sure that his hat wasn't covering his eyes, that he could see some of the neat yard ornaments and that he was staying awake. If he started to rest his eyes, she would yell "eyes" to let us know that he was sleeping and then he would immediately startle and open his eyes.
Our family, dogs included, loves the outdoors. I'm so thankful that we had a nice day to get outside...we definitely needed it before the next cold front moves in on Wednesday.

No comments: