Friday, January 17, 2014

Mumbo Jumbo

  • Second birthday party planning is in full effect. The theme is going to be "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". Invitations have gone out and games/activities and a snack menu are on the to-do-list.
  • I've been going to Zumba class and I'm in love. I have no rhythm at all but the loud music, the booty shaking and the high intensity workout is just what I need throughout the week. I feel a little guilty that I enjoy it as much as I do!
  • My nephew, Spencer, sent me a fun activity with David. David is a character in a story, No, David and he was sent to our area to explore and to learn all about Hershey and Central PA so he could take it back and teach the class all he had learned. We had a lot of fun showing David around the area...we were sad to see him go!
  • We woke up on Wednesday morning to some really thick and dense fog and a sheet of black ice covering sidewalks, driveways and roads. Jason tried to warn us to not go outside but his warning was a little too late...my mom went out and fell down the driveway. Not cool!  Amelia was screaming for Nannie and Nannie was scraped up and stranded at the bottom of the driveway. She eventually made her way inside and we got her boo boo taken care of! Who knew that fog could freeze?!
  • Wednesday evenings, after work, are technology free nights at our house. We started with just one night and we're hoping to build up to three nights each week. It is really helping us to stop and enjoy family time without having the huge amount of distractions. It makes us realize how much we are on our phones/iPads each evening.
  • Today Jason interviewed for Chief Resident. He looked so handsome leaving for work this morning in his fancy clothes.
  • I'm so excited to have a 3 day weekend with these adorable little ones! I've been so busy at work this week that I'm so excited for some much needed downtime!
 


No comments: