Monday, August 4, 2014

Stuck In A Funk

The weather this weekend was amazing. August has brought in some cooler, less humid days and we're NOT complaining!
Things haven't been routine and life has been a little different. If you know me, then you know that I like my routine so I've been in a little funk the past couple of weeks.
I'm hoping that I'm on the up-swing because we have a lot of fun things coming up...my to-list got a little shorter after this weekend, so that's a nice feeling.
Organizing, list-making and a lot of prayer help me feel better so here are some lists that I've made to organize my thoughts and to have them in one place. 

Exciting things coming up:
*A fall carnival in our town, complete with nachos, cotton candy and ferris wheel.
*A fun evening at the lake with the anesthesia department (plus families). Canoe races, sand volleyball and a lot of other things are on the agenda.
*All-you-can-eat crab legs at a fun restaurant with outdoor seating and a live band. Definitely a date night!
*A trip to Cleveland to tour a few towns and to look through some apartment buildings.
*Important meetings with our supervisors (Jason and myself) to discuss future options. 
*She Reads Truth Bible study on "The Letter to the Hebrews"

Things I was able to mark off my list:
*Barrett's first birthday party. The venue is booked for a September weekend--since the weather will be nice, we've decided to have his first birthday at a farm. The farm has animals that we will be able to feed, hayrides to a pumpkin patch and a lot of fun playgrounds and mazes.
*A baby shower for Ms. Lacey. The shower is scheduled to an October weekend. Invites have been made and addressed...just waiting for a few weeks to pass before I send them out.
*Get night guard made so I can stop grinding my teeth at night.

Things that I still need to do:
*Call AT&T to go over cheaper plans
*Find an adorable birthday invitation for Barrett's party and figure out other things for the party.
* Get baby shower details for the party worked out..decorations, snacks, games, etc.
*Call Geek Squad at Best Buy to see if they could get my pictures off of my external hard drive that doesn't have a cord that works when plugged into my computer. 


I have so much to be thankful for but sometimes life gets so crazy that I get wrapped up in everything and forget how much I have. Life is too short to get wound up...focus, Ashley!!



No comments: